My Child has ADD/ADHD, What Can We Do?
Most parents have horror stories of what Ritalin and Adderall have done to their children. The kids complain about being in a fog or a haze, have difficulty sleeping and say they don't feel like themselves when taking these drugs.
If you have children in your life, or grandchildren, nieces or nephews, who struggle with being able to concentrate in class and do the best work possible, please share this message with that family and let them know natural solutions do exist, and drugs are not the answer.
Print this out, stick it to your refrigerator door and incorporate all 10 steps into your routine - you'll be amazed with the results!
10 Natural Solutions to Overcome Attention Deficit
- The brain is where we defeat ADHD. The brain is 74% fatty acids and even a small deficiency of essential fatty acids can slow brain function. Add foods like avocados, chia, hemp and flax seeds, walnuts, firm tofu and spinach to your daily diet - they are all high in Omega fatty acids. For complete fatty acid support, try our Omega 3/6/9 formula, a perfect balance of the Omega 3-6-9’s the brain needs.
- Enhance oxygen flow to the brain, so it works clearer and faster. We developed Mind Power specifically to support cognitive function in healthy people, aiding your ability to think faster and clearer, while boosting creativity and supporting memory recall. Students of all ages discover an entirely new way of studying and storing information for later recall and analysis.
- Eliminate dairy – this includes milk, cheese, ice cream and butter. Dairy is not designed for humans. Visit www.notmilk.com to read the horrifying facts about this so-called perfect food. Switch to nut milks, cheeses, spreads and frozen desserts available at all grocery stores.
- Exercise is a must! Kids today are computer potatoes. Sign them up for activities - It doesn’t matter what sport or activity – support anything they enjoy and let them move and burn off energy. Exercise is arguably the best therapy for the body and the brain.
- Your Brain is electric - and minerals conduct electricity! Everyone, regardless of age or whether you experience attention issues, needs to be supplementing their diet with trace minerals. Our Life Transfusion Liquid Minerals ionic (meaning in the same form the body recognizes) so they conduct electricity at the neuron and cellular level in the brain and throughout the body. Take 1/2 tsp twice daily in V8 or fresh squeezed carrot juice. Read the article, You are an Ocean, to learn more about why trace minerals are missing in our diet today, and what ionic minerals do for every organ in the body.
- Eliminate High Fructose Corn Syrup. Read the labels carefully, especially on fruit juice drinks, as many are loaded with HFC. Sodas are obviously are giant no-no too. If you like the carbonation and crave sweetness in a drink, make your own with seltzer water with fresh/frozen fruit and a couple drops of Stevia, a natural zero-calorie sweetener.
- Eliminate Diet Soda too. Diet soda's contain a horribly dangerous chemical sweetener called Aspartame (brand names Nutrasweet or Equal) that clouds the brain in formaldehyde. Not good! Read my article, What Really Causes Lupus and MS, to learn more about what this chemical does to the brain and nervous system.
- Limit junk food. When you need food on the go, visit restaurants like Chipotle, Jamba Juice, Noodles and many others that serve healthier meal options than burgers and fries.
- Add L-Carnitine. L-Carnitine is an amino acid concentrated in the body's most metabolically active organs; the heart, muscles and brain. Carnitine's primary job is to transport fatty acids into the mitochondria to be burned for energy. (Remember step 1 about fatty acids?) Take 1 Tbsp of our citrus flavored L-Carnitine Liquid formula.
- Go to bed earlier! Children need more sleep than adults. Even teenagers need 10 or more hours of sleep every night to support their rapidly growing bodies. Children in grade school need up to 13 hours of sleep. When the kids going to bed early, mom and dad get a break too.