Do You Know Your Hormone Levels?
Particularly your Estrogen and Estrodiol levels? And do you know the difference?
Actually, estrogen isn't a single substance - it's a group of 3 distinct, unique, yet similar hormones called estrogen.
Estrogen is formed in the ovaries and also produced by the adrenals and fat cells. It is a combination of three compounds: Estrone (E1), Estradiol (E2) and Estriol (E3).
The strongest and most influential of the three estrogen hormones is estradiol, next in strength is estrone. These are the so-called aggressive estrogens. At high levels, they are associated with increased risk of breast, uterine AND prostate cancers.
There's a Simple Answer to Estrogen Dominance
As usual, miracles always seem to come from Mother Nature's pharmacy. A very special natural compound from vegetables like broccoli and brussel sprouts that not only metabolizes excess estrogen, but it literally makes cancer cells commit suicide!
One of the BIGGEST MYTHS of so called modern medicine is that we are all estrogen deficient. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Fact is, most of us are flowing over with too MUCH estrogen! Where do you think the breast cancer epidemic originates from?
The lunatics at big pharma have convinced doctors to push Premarin (powdered horse urine tablets) as natural Hormone Replacement Therapy. Hundreds of thousands of women were stricken with cancer, dropping dead from unnecessary heart attacks and wasted bones from estrogen from pregnant horses, which any chemist would tell you is substantially different from a woman's estrogen.
The REAL truth is this: daily exercise and a plant-strong vegetarian diet with plenty of cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, kale, spinach, brussel sprouts and broccoli and healthy fats from foods like coconuts, avocados, extra virgin olive oil and wild-caught salmon will correct the problem.
The Stakes Are Enormous
Breast and Prostate Cancer diagnoses are out of control.
- 1 in 8 American women you know will end up with breast cancer.
- 1 in 6 American men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer!
This is largely due to excess estradiol and estrone, the two most
powerful estrogens. It is also due to estriol deficiency - estriol is
the good, safe, protective estrogen.
If you've read our articles for the past ten or twenty years, you've heard me scream from the rooftops about the power of Diindolylmethane (DIM), a plant indole found in cruciferous vegetables mentioned above.
Indoles can just about eliminate out-of-control estrogen and estriol levels in both men and women.
Does it work?
Read this synopsis of major DIM research and see for yourself.
- DIM stops breast cancer through hormone modulation. Studies show DIM increases the production of 2-hydroxy estrogen by 75% and decreases the production of 16-hydroxy estrone by 50%, creating the necessary balance of estrogen to estrone, halting cancer and preventing recurrence.
- Risk factors for breast cancer, such as obesity, high fat diets, and diets deficient in Omega-3 fatty acids,correlate with low 2-hydroxy estrogen production. In Harvard University Professor Dr. John Lee's book, What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Breast Cancer, Lee explains the estrogen metabolic cycle and the importance of the ratio between 2-hydroxy and 16-hydroxy estrogen in stopping and preventing breast cancer.
- DIM is not a phytoestrogen and doesn't mimic the action of any estrogen or phytoestrogen and has NO inherent estrogenic activity. DIM balances the bodies natural response to estrogen, adjusting the activity of metabolic enzymes and specialized estrogen receptor molecules. DIM's ability to promote healthy metabolic pathways for estrogen, limits cell division and growth through influence on the cell cycle, determining growth and replication.
- DIM chokes off the blood supply from tumors, cutting off its lifeline! Cancers create their blood supply by angiogenesis. Researchers have shown that DIM is able to stop tumors from completing angiogenesis and creating their own blood supplies.
- Oxygen levels in tumor cells increased with DIM. Oxygen is the mortal enemy of cancer, and cancer cells ONLY thrive in cells sufficating from lack of oxygen. A study in the May, 2008 Biochemical Pharmacology Journal, was first to show DIM words by decreasing the accumulation and activity of the key angiogenesis factor, HIF-1alpha, in hypoxic tumor cells.
- DIM makes cancer cells commit suicide! In a 2008 study reported in the Pharmaceutical Research Journal, scientists found low doses of DIM caused production of a protein, prostate apoptosis response-4 or PAR-4, induced cell death in prostate cancer cells by reducing cell viability and caused cell growth inhibition and death.
- DIM is effective against HER-2 cancers. One study, reported in the February, 2008 Journal of Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, using in vitro experiments with breast cancer cell lines, researchers found that DIM blocks growth of all four breast cancer cell lines. DIM induced expression of the tumor suppressor p27 genes before the loss of cell viability and apoptosis, and induced transcript expression within six hours. Researchers in this study concluded the effects of DIM were independent of HER-2 or estrogen receptor status.
- DIM is a powerful anti-inflammatory. As I have said for years, recurrent and chronic inflammation is a precursor to several cancers. So, researchers studied DIM's anti-inflammatory possibilities using microphages, in light of DIM's ability to provide cancer-proofing - the results? DIM was found to significantly decrease the release of nitric oxide, estradiol, tumor necrosis factor alpha, interleukin-6, and interleukin-1beta. The conclusion? DIM inhibits the release of pro-inflammatory mediators in macrophages.
To learn more:
DIM - Metabolize and Eliminate Excess Estrogen
We always include cruciferous vegetables, and DIM, as part of an overall cancer recovery program and detoxification protocol. The indoles found in cruciferous vegetables are powerful plant compounds that aid the body in metabolizing excess estrogen, helping to maintain a healthy hormonal balance for both men and women.
Prominent researchers have documented that this balance of estrogen metabolites is an important factor in maintaining breast, uterine, cervical and prostate health.
Men and women also use DIM as an integral part of successful weight management programs.
Click here to order DIM.
Women who are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or nursing should not take DIM and women who are using oral contraceptives (birth control pills) should consult with a health care professional before taking this product. Harmless changes in urine color may occur with the use of this product.