Back to School Seasons Notoriously Means Back to Cold and Flu Season
According to the CDC, influenza is diagnosed as early as October and colds alone are responsible for over 22 million lost school days every year. 38 million days are lost due to influenza! Our schools have become a playground for disease.
Our all-natural, immune boosting formulas can (and do) keep you cold and flu free – not only this season, but every season to come – without a flu shot!
Follow these 6 simple suggestions to stay healthy, have more energy and stamina!
Let's kiss the cold and flu season goodbye this year - and next year - and forever!
1. The #1 thing to do is have your kids drink more water
Our bodies are composed of about 60% water, so our fluid and electrolyte balance is a major factor in keeping our bodies in balance. When our body has the ability to maintain it’s internal environment as it adjusts to challenges and stress, we stay healthy. Consider purchasing a water filtration system! Drinking clean, pure water is the first step to a strong immune system.
Our water filtration systems are custom manufactured, state of the art chemical and microbiological systems that reduce levels of organic/inorganic chemical, fluoride, heavy metals, cysts and bacteria from water supplies.
"We have the safest drinking water in the world—except for the pesticides that sometimes sneak in. And the rocket fuel. And the antibiotics…"
Source: Reader’s Digest, August 2011
Learn more about our Water Filtration systems for your home, apartment and office!
2. Cook and eat at home for most all your meals
Eat healthier at home by increasing whole grains, plant proteins, fruits and veggies. If you do choose to eat out, find a good restaurant that carries quality, organic choices! Good food does wonders for your kids!
3. Replace dairy with nut milks and nut butters
If you haven’t discovered just how bad dairy is for you, make this the year to stop completely. You won’t believe how much better you’ll feel. Dairy is toxic pus from cows and it causes a tremendous increase in mucus in the body and that’s the LAST thing anyone needs. Try Almond, Coconut, Hemp, Flax milks or non-GMO Soy Milk. All grocery stores now carry several nut milk alternatives to dairy.
4. Limit sugar consumption
Sugar is a toxic enemy, severely affecting the immune system by forcing the body to deal with the sugar rather than other invaders. Eliminate it ASAP so when the worst of flu season hits you and your kids can be ahead of the game! That means NO SODA. period.
5. Boost your child’s immune system naturally with our Immune Booster formulas
We have a perfect alternative to the Flu Shot, and these products have everything you need to boost the immune system, battle colds and flu, while increasing energy and stamina!
- Immune Support – the “Mack Truck” of immune boosting nutrients in one super formula, delivering immediate and long-lasting results. Each ingredient is selected for its proven capabilities to stimulate our body’s natural defense against colds, flu, infection and disease in order to purge viral infections.
- Super AKG Shark Liver Oil – Shark’s have the strongest immune system of any animal on the planet – they don’t get the flu or cancer. A dramatic booster to the immune system just when it needs it.
- Ultra D3 – the miracle “Sunshine vitamin” that “turns on” the receptors for immune system fighter T-cells. During the fall months we do not get sufficient vitamin D from sunshine. High-potency vitamin D3 (5,000iu) plus vitamin K2 to trigger immune system T-cells into action.
- Respiratory Lung Health – helps to clear phlegm and mucous, dramatically increasing the uptake of oxygen by the lungs. Also fabulous for airborne allergies, bronchitis, pneumonia and chest congestion.
6. Practice Self-Care
Taking care of yourself is important for lowering stress levels. Maybe for you it’s a massage, or a good movie or time with friends. Whatever it is, do it often!
My favorite stress reliever, more than anything else, is laughing! Laughter is truly the best medicine and your immune system will thank you – so will your kids!