Skin Cancer on the Rise
Did you know?
- There are three major types of skin cancers: basal cell carcinoma (BCC), squamous cell carcinoma (SCC), and melanoma. The first two are grouped together as non-melanoma skin cancers.
- Basal cell carcinoma (BCC) is the most common form of skin cancer. More than 4 million cases are diagnosed in the U.S. each year. Squamous cell carcinoma is the second most common form of skin cancer. More than 1 million cases are diagnosed in the U.S. each year.
- Melanoma accounts for less than one percent of skin cancer cases, but the vast majority of skin cancer deaths, with 1 every hour (54 minutes).
- More people are diagnosed each year with skin cancer than all breast, colon, lung and prostate cancer diagnosis combined.
- 1 in 5 Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetime.
- The majority of skin cancers are associated with (over) exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun. On average, a person’s risk for melanoma doubles if he or she has had more than five sunburns.14
Source: Skin Cancer Foundation
When caught early, melanoma is 99% curable!
Commit to memory the ABCDE’s of skin cancer detection. It is imperative to find and diagnose skin cancers early!
An Ounce of Prevention
Enjoy the sun, but be smart about your exposure. We encourage everyone to spend 20-30 minutes a day unprotected in the sunshine to produce vitamin D, vital for your body to function properly and for you to be your absolute healthiest. However, if you will be in the direct sun for more than 30 minutes, apply sunscreen, especially between 11am - 3pm.
If you do get a sunburn, squash a ripe tomato over your skin. This simple trick works wonders. After rinsing off the tomato, gently dab our Delight Body Oil onto the burn to retain moisture and aid healing.
Never use sunlamps or go to tanning salons. These exponentially accelerate skin cancer formation and growth.
Eat more carrots, which contain Beta Carotene, a carotenoid that naturally increases the skin's defense against UV irradiation, and contributes to maintenance of skin health and appearance. If you prefer, have a glass of fresh carrot juice with 20 drops of Life Transfusion Liquid Mineral Complex added for the Magnesium and trace mineral benefits.
Eat a big green salad everyday. Add tomatoes and carrot slices if you like for the carotene content. Use flax seed oil for dressing and avocado for the Omega 3’s.
For damaged skin areas, apply our Supta Gluta cream with Glutathione and SOD. Glutathione is the Super-Hero of antioxidants.
RECLAIM Your Skin
Reclaim Black Coffee Salve is an all natural skin repair creme containing Columbian Coffee Extract (aka black coffee salve), caffeine and skin soothing and healing ingredients which may reduce age spots, skin blemishes, freckles, acne and more!
Coffee beans contain many beneficial antioxidants and caffeine has been found to block abnormal cellular growth and development. Applying caffeine topically does not carry any of the risks or side effects associated with drinking caffeine. Our scientists have managed to unlock the antioxidants held within the tiny coffee bean and develop them into a skin-smoothing cream.
Unlike sunscreen which aids in blocking ultraviolet rays from absorbing into your skin, Reclaim works from inside the skin cells to leave your skin shining and deeply moisturized. People will look at you and wonder if you’ve been on vacation!
Reclaim contains powerful antioxidants that dramatically lighten age spots, freckles, sun damage, discoloration and uneven skin tones from any area of your body in as little as 4-8 weeks. Results may vary.
Bottle Size: 4 fl oz
Suggested Usage: Highly concentrated, so apply sparingly to the skin and massage gently. Product will turn white while massaging, then absorb into skin. Repeat after bathing. Use a minimum of 2x daily.
Click Here to Get Yours!