This was my staple food that got me through Mongolia and China years ago.
(Soak beans and brown rice overnight in purified water, in separate bowls.)
1 block organic, non-GMO Tofu from the health food store
1 lb organic black beans from the health food store or Mexican market
1 lb organic brown rice from the health food store or Oriental market
1 bunch of Broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
1 Tbsp chopped Cilantro
1 tsp. Basil
1/2 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/2 tsp Sea Salt (Do not use table salt)
1. Put black beans, chopped Cilantro and Basil into a saucepan with vegetable oil. Lightly cook for 12 minutes. Add the Salt, Pepper and Chili Powder to taste.
(While the beans are cooking:
2. Slice tofu into 2 inch by 3 inch squares and put into a steamer for 3 minutes.
3. Put the tofu into a hot oven at 350F and bake for 15 minutes.
4. Steam the brown rice for 10 minutes.
5. Serve with rice, topped with black beans and tofu.
You now have a total and non-animal, perfect protein meal.