This delicious soup contains high amounts of Chromium, the vital mineral that runs the pancreas, responsible for generating insulin which moderates blood sugar.
2 Tbsp. Virgin Olive Oil
2 bay leaves
1 tsp. rosemary, coarsely chopped
1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
1 stalk celery, diced
1 carrot, chopped
½ cup white wine
2 cups green split peas
8 cups pure, filtered water or vegetable stock
1 Tbsp. white miso paste
1 Tbsp. brewer’s yeast
- In a large pot, gradually warm the olive oil with the bay leaves and rosemary.
- Add onion, celery and carrots, cook lightly for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the wine and stir to mix in. Add the peas, miso and the filtered water or stock.
- Bring to a light simmer, cover and cook until the peas are soft, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to serving temperature. When cooled, add the brewer’s yeast. Do not add brewers yeast when soup is hot, as high heat will destroy vital nutrients.
Season with Bragg Liquid Aminos as desired. This soup tastes great served hot, or chilled during the summer months.