Your family or guests will love this refreshing version of a southern favorite. This peach cobbler will "shine" in the taste category, but without all the added calories. Easy to fix and sure to please!
Six medium peaches
2 cups soy milk
1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
1 - Pound loaf of stale sourdough bread
1 tsp. Amaretto liqueur
1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 cup apple juice concentrate
Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 1/2 Tbsp.)
6 egg whites, beaten
(Preheat oven to 350F)
1. Blanch, peel, pit and then dice the peaches. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the soy milk and Sea Salt.
3. Tear the bread into 1 inch cubes and mash the bread into the soymilk. Let sit for 15 minutes.
4. While bread is soaking, use another bowl to combine the Amaretto liqueur, nutmeg, apple juice, lemon juice and the peaches.
5. Add the beaten egg whites.
6. Add to the bread mixture and toss gently.
7. Pour into a nonstick pan and bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 45 minutes.