This surprisingly easy grilled Portabello mushroom burger will become a new favorite for a quick lunch or dinner! Who says a plant-based diet cannot include burgers?
1 Portabello mushroom cap
1 tsp. Nayonnaise Veganaise mayo substitute
1/4 tsp. Dijon Mustard
1/2 tsp. capers, rinsed
Tomato slice and lettuce (optional)
1 whole grain bun (of your choice)
1. Preheat grill or a grill pan over a medium high heat (or use a Foreman grill).
2. Gently clean the Portabello cap with a damp cloth.
3. Grill the cap approximately 3 minutes on each side.
4. Mix the mayonnaise substitute of choice, mustard and capers to make the Dijon Sauce.
5. Place lettuce,tomato and mushroom and sauce on bun.
Add a slice of
Daiya wedge cheese if desired.