These meaty, woodsy flavored mushrooms have long been recognized for their immunity boosting and strong anti-viral and anti-tumor properties. Have this at least 3 times a week to boost your immune system.
1/2 lb fresh shiitake mushrooms (12 medium sized)
1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 small onions, diced (or one bunch of 6-8 green onions, sliced)
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. dried marjoram
4 cups filtered water
1 cube vegetable bouillon
4 Tbsp. miso paste
½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Remove stems from the mushrooms and clean caps with damp cloth. Keep the stems for stock. Cut mushroom caps in half, and then cut into thin strips.
- Saute the mushrooms, onions, garlic, thyme and marjoram in oil over medium heat for a few minutes, until the onions are translucent. Stir frequently to avoid burning.
- Add the water and vegetable bouillon, bring to a light boil. Cover, reduce heat and lightly simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Place miso in small bowl. Add ½ cup of soup liquid and stir until smooth.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in the miso. Add parsley and adjust seasoning.
- Allow soup to cool for a few minutes before pouring into bowls and serve. Flavor with Bragg Liquid Aminos if desired.