The Sediment Pre-Filter Kit extends the life of your water filtration system by
capturing and blocking small particles of sand, mud, dirt, leaves, and other debris found in municipal and/or well water, preventing this sediment from entering the filtration system.
The sediment cartridge captures micron-sized particles, often unseen in our water. A micron is a millionth of a meter, about .00004 inches. For comparison, human hair is about 75 microns in diameter and most bacteria range between 0.2 - 3.0 microns.
Pre-Filter Kit includes:
- BPA free, food grade plastic pre-filter housing, measuring 10" tall x 3" diameter
- Hanging bracket
- Plastic wrench for replacing sediment cartridges
- Connection fittings
- Threaded PVC nipples for Whole House install
- 1/4" Quick-Connect fittings and 1/4" tubing for UnderCounter install
- 2 replacement sediment cartridges
- 5 micron cartridge for Whole House
- 1 micron for UnderCounter
Select UnderCounter or Whole House Configuration
NOTE: The Sediment Pre-Filter Kit is included with the purchase of new Whole House Water Filtration Systems. Purchase the Sediment Pre-Filter Kit for an UnderCounter System, or if you purchased a whole house filtration system from another vendor and are missing a pre-filter.
Installation is simple if you are comfortable working with plumbing. If not, we advise hiring a handy(wo)man or licensed plumber to install the pre-filter kit. Installation typically can be completed in 30 minutes or less by a professional.
Pre-filter cartridges are replaced when visibly dirty, typically between 3-12 months, depending upon the amount of sediment in your water supply.
Water Filtration Systems Ship Separately via FedEx Home Delivery