Swine Flu Vaccine is a Waste
These past few summer months, Americans across the country lined up in droves to become the first human guinea pigs to receive the H1N1 flu vaccine.
I don’t believe for a second that the vaccine will effectively protect you or anyone else against H1N1. On the contrary, I’m more concerned about how much harm the vaccine may cause when millions more men, women, and children who will get it this fall.
As a regular reader of my newsletters and Health Alerts, you know by now of my passionate crusade to stop senseless vaccinations, particularly to our children and the elderly, the most vulnerable amongst us.
The last time the government hastily pushed through an untested vaccine, disaster ensued. Five hundred people came down with a paralyzing condition called Guillain-Barre Syndrome and 25 people died.
Government officials swear a repeat of 1976 will not happen. But they also admit they don’t really know for sure! In fact, according to Dr. Anthony Fauci, (someone I’ve butted heads with in the past when I was a volunteer fighting the AIDS virus), the esteemed director of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases,
“...no clinical trial in the world is going to be large enough to be able to detect an event that occurs one in every 100,000 people. The only way to pick that up is after the fact, when a lot of people get vaccinated and good surveillance picks it up.”
In other words, we won’t know if the stuff is really bad until we give it to a million people! Yes, a million people!
Well, thanks Dr. Fauci. Good to know you’ve thought this one through a month before injecting millions of toddlers, pregnant women, and immunologically compromised adults.
But, there’s something else that’s got me worried.
Secret, Hidden Ingredients
The 2009 swine vaccine is bad news, VERY BAD NEWS, especially if it contains an ingredient called an adjuvant. As I sit writing this newsletter, the NY Times published a story debating the use of adjuvants. Read Benefit and Doubt in Vaccine Additive for more.
An adjuvant is added to a vaccine to concentrate it, essentially supercharging the vaccine to create a stronger immunological response. So instead of each person getting one full dose of the H1N1 virus, each person might only get ¼ of a dose along with an adjuvant supercharger. This is the government’s secret ace in the hole.
But an adjuvant can cause your immune system to go haywire.
Case in Point: The Anthrax Vaccine & Gulf War Soldiers
An adjuvant called squalene was added to that vaccine to make it stretch further. But many blame squalene for causing the so-called Gulf War Syndrome (GWS).
Squalene isn’t always toxic. In fact, it’s a natural substance found in most plants and animals. Your body uses it to help synthesize cholesterol as well as vitamin D. You’ll also find squalene in personal care products as well as nutritional supplements. In those instances, squalene is not a health hazard. However, when commercial squalene is injected into the bloodstream (as with a vaccine), it disrupts the body’s immune system. The body identifies it as a threat and creates antibodies to attack it.
In fact, when scientists from Tulane University tested blood samples from vets suffering from GWS, they found that 100 percent of them contained abnormal antibodies to squalene. This backs up the theory held by many in the medical community that squalene triggered GWS in these vets.
Now, here’s the thing – symptoms of the Gulf War Syndrome were subtle to start; headaches, fatigue, and generalized aches and pains. And they didn’t show up immediately. It took awhile for the men and women to start feeling bad.
This is what worries me about the H1N1 vaccine.
Reactions to medicines or vaccines can take years to appear, making it difficult to connect the dots. But we’ve only been working with the H1N1 vaccine for mere months, not years. How do we know how the H1N1 vaccine will act in the body years from now?
As a result, it took a while for military doctors to figure out that GWS was linked to a bad reaction to the anthrax vaccine. Instead, everyone in the government initially got away with labeling the vets’ immunological problems as post-traumatic stress.
So what’s Gulf War Syndrome got to do with the H1N1 vaccine?
Well, squalene is exactly the same adjuvant at least two drug companies have been playing around with adding to the H1N1 vaccine. In fact, they’ve already been paid millions of dollars by Uncle Sam to develop stores of the vaccine containing the adjuvant!
The Department of Health and Human Services is holding its cards close to its chest regarding the use of adjuvant’s in the H1N1 vaccine. Officials won’t say for certain whether or not they plan on using them, but I can tell you one thing, “they’re keeping their options open.”
On June 15th 2009, the Secretary of the HHS, Kathleen Sibelius issued carte blanche to Big Pharma when she amended the PREP Act (Public Readiness and Emergency Readiness Act) for the production of H1N1 vaccine. This law gives the drug manufacturers immunity against damages for their vaccines, and any adjuvants!
According to the HHS website, immunity has been granted to the manufacturers,
in all stages of 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccine development, testing, manufacture, distribution, prescribing, administration, and use.
In other words, no matter how bad things get, even if the vaccine contains a known hazardous ingredient, the drug makers are protected! Good luck if something goes awfully wrong for you and your children!
I’ve long suspected this whole swine flu pandemic isn’t about saving lives. To date, the swine flu has been linked to a little over 500 deaths in this country. The good old, regular seasonal flu is six times more deadly than H1N1.
So what’s all the fuss about? Money, of course!
The five drug companies handed H1N1 vaccine contracts are set to make a gigantic amount of cash off their largely untested products. In fact, the Department of Health and Human Services has already spent $2 billion dollars to purchase 195 million doses of the vaccine and adjuvant.
In addition Congress passed and President Obama recently signed a supplemental appropriation bill for $7.5 billion to cover the additional costs of preparing for H1N1. That figure doesn’t even include the money spent on clinical trials or marketing of the vaccine.
All told, we could spend up to $10 Billion Dollars on a vaccine for something that may cause fewer deaths this year than accidental falls at home or text-messaging while driving your car.
Natural Ways to Fight the Swine Flu
Here’s the bottom line about the H1N1 vaccine: You don’t need it. Instead, be smart about your health and hygiene.
- Wash your hands every 30 minutes. Use good ol’ soap and water and rub your hands together for 15-20 seconds and then rinse (please conserve by turning off the water while you rub.) Wash again after shaking someone’s hand, even the President’s!
- Get lots of rest. It is absolutely essential to get 8 hours of good sleep every night. Your body repairs and regenerates while you sleep. Take two naps of 10-15 minutes each and every day. Just lie down under your desk like I do, the cleaning lady will wake you up.
- Eat healthy! Junk Food will NOT help you fight the swine flu. Eliminate all milk, cheese, ice cream, butter. Switch to organic soy or rice milk or almond milk or the new Hemp Milk. Severely restrict all red meats and dead pig/pork consumption. Switch to fish, tofu, tempeh. Get a copy of my Meals that Heal recipe book, (or print your favorites from the Recipes section of our website) to keep you strong all winter long.
- Take your vitamins – especially B-Complex, vitamin C and get lots of the sunshine vitamin D! Research that hit my desk just today says that we need a full tank of every day. No flu virus can exist in a body that is high in vitamin D. Take 10,000 iu's daily for adults, and 5,000 iu's daily for children under 14.
- Take 1 Shark Liver Oil (Super AKG formula) gelcap daily. Shark’s have the strongest immune system response of any animal on the planet, and the secret lies in their liver. A wonderful double-act with the Vitamin D.
- Take 3 capsules a day of Immune Support, our famous medicinal mushroom formulation that has a unique capacity to normalize immune function and response. Increase to 6-9 capsules a day if you already have a cold or feel something coming on.
- Take 2 capsules of our Respiratory Lung Health formula daily. The H1N1 virus is a respiratory illness, so strong lungs are vitally important to beat this virus. If you smoke or live/work in an areas with smog or air pollution, Respiratory Lung Health will feel like you have a “third lung” and can breathe a deep, full breath again.
- Exercise every single day. Get out for a fast walk, jog, bike, or go to the gym. Keep your lungs and your blood pumping and your immune system will be as strong as an ox.